Here let’s take a quick look at the HYPERLINK function, which allows you to add hyperlinks with ease and to also rename them.
Here I’ve just copied and pasted my blog address into the cell.
This is fine, but sometimes we don’t want an ugly URL in our sheet. For example, I can change what shows by using the HYPERLINK function.
Here I add the URL between speech marks, then after the comma add the text I want visible on the sheet, again in speech marks.
Now in cell A3, I have the text I want.
When you hover over the text, you can see that it’s linked to a URL and clicking on the blue link, will take you to the webpage.
Extra tip: Links to documents on your Drive could also be done in this way. Just make sure the person using your sheet, has access to the document.
eBooks available on Drive, Forms, Sheets, Docs, Slides, and Sheet Functions:
- “Beginner’s Guide to Google Drive” – iBooks store / Kindle store
- “Beginner’s Guide to Google Forms” – iBooks store / Kindle store
- “Beginner’s Guide to Google Sheets” – iBooks store / Kindle store
- “Beginner’s Guide to Google Docs” – iBooks Store / Kindle store
- “Beginner’s Guide to Google Slides” – iBooks Store / Kindle store
- “Google Sheet Functions – A step-by-step guide” – iBooks Store / Kindle Store