One of the best features of the Google Apps is the revision history, which stores every change to your document, allowing you to go back to a particular revision, right back to when you first created the document. It also shows you who made what revision.
To access it, click on the link at the top of the screen, which will say “Last edit was on ” + the date.
It’s also possible to access it via the File menu, by selecting “See revision history”.
On the right-hand side of the screen you’ll see a list of dates and times, along with who made the revision.By default, it shows the main changes.
Underneath you have the option of either showing the changes in the main window or not. By default, it shows them. Plus, you can show more detailed revisions, which will show the changes every time it saved.
Here’s the more detailed version.
On the main page in the middle, the changes are highlighted by coloured boxes. Each person has a different colour.
Finally, you can also zoom in to the slides and you can print a particular revision without having to change your slides. To return to your slides, just click on the arrow.
eBooks available on Drive, Forms, Sheets, Docs, Slides, and Sheet Functions:
- “Beginner’s Guide to Google Drive” – iBooks store / Kindle store
- “Beginner’s Guide to Google Forms” – iBooks store / Kindle store
- “Beginner’s Guide to Google Sheets” – iBooks store / Kindle store
- “Beginner’s Guide to Google Docs” – iBooks Store / Kindle store
- “Beginner’s Guide to Google Slides” – iBooks Store / Kindle store
- “Google Sheet Functions – A step-by-step guide” – iBooks Store / Kindle Store