At the top of the screen is the search bar and account options.
It’s no surprise that Google includes a powerful search engine so you can find your files, without having to hunt for them via the folders. Just type in the words you want and press Enter. Google will search for filenames and also, words within documents.
It also provides some filters, to enable you to find what you want more quickly and easily. Just click on the triangle on the right-hand side of the search box.
This brings up the filter menu. Select what you want to filter and click Search.
In the top-right of the screen are the account options:
The first will be your first name.
Next to that are nine little squares. Clicking on this brings up the menu to access other Google programs and options. e.g. Gmail.
The bell symbol is where notifications live, e.g. messages from Google.
The last one is the account menu.
Clicking on this brings up the My account menu. Here you can:
-change your account settings
-your account profile picture (click on change in the brown circle)
-sign out, when you have finished using Google Apps and Drive. Essential if you are sharing the computer with someone else.
eBooks now available on Drive, Forms, Sheets, Docs, and Slides:
- “Beginner’s Guide to Google Drive” – iBooks store / Kindle store
- “Beginner’s Guide to Google Forms” – iBooks store / Kindle store
- “Beginner’s Guide to Google Sheets” – iBooks store / Kindle store
- “Beginner’s Guide to Google Docs” – iBooks Store / Kindle store
- “Beginner’s Guide to Google Slides” – iBooks Store / Kindle store
- Join the Google Slides Tips Google Space (for now: personal accounts only)